Startup Associate Member Program
The purpose of the Startup Associate Member (SAM) Program is to encourage immediate, active participation in COVESA technical and business activities by startup companies as they develop their first products. This lost-cost membership program is by invitation of a qualified, sponsoring Charter or Core COVESA member. Startup organizations are expected to demonstrate a software prototype or proof-of-concept that could have application for connected vehicles.
In order to qualify as a startup member, organizations must have an established relationship with an existing Charter or Core member of COVESA, a minimum of two employees (full-time equivalents) with no more than 10 and must be a legal, financial entity, licensed to do business in its state or country. If accepted, the startup organization will receive a one-year Associate membership for a first year fee of $2,000 payable to the Connected Vehicle Systems Alliance.
Startup Associate Members have the following rights and privileges:
Right to participate as a voting member in groups/teams
Eligible to attend All Member Meetings (2 free passes)
Pre-release access to candidate specifications
Eligiblie to partivipate in COVESA-sponsored marketing programs (limited size)
Right to propose a new, COVESA-hosted open project
Eligible to co-present COVESA-sponsored webinars or co-author whitepapers or technical briefs
Logo listed on COVESA website
- Eligible to receive communications about alliance activities and plans
- Eligible to participate in COVESA showcase events
- Eligible to access the member wiki and email distribution lists
- Eligible for COVESA-negotiated event sponsorship and registration discounts
Please complete the following steps to obtain a Startup Associate Membership:
- Secure a mentoring organization that is a Charter or Core member of COVESA. Startup organizations must have a relationship with an existing member who is willing to mentor them through the first year of the program.
- The mentoring COVESA member should send an email to Steve Crumb, with the startup organization's name and primary contact person, indicating the member's willingness to mentor the startup organization.
- Complete the online Membership Application selecting Associate member as the member type).
- Complete the COVESA Alliance Participation Agreement (Startup Associate Member)
- Email the completed Participant Agreement to: COVESA Member Services at email@example.com
Mail the completed original Participant Agreement to the address listed below:COVESA5000 Executive Parkway, Suite 302San Ramon, CA 94583